RS Research is seeking two talented and motivated chemists to join its Drug Discovery & Process Development teams. The candidates will be studying for their PhD in Bogazici University, Department of Chemistry and be funded through TÜBİTAK’s 2244 program. During their studies, they will be working on “university-industry collaboration” projects. The successful candidate will join an energizing and collaborative research environment working alongside colleagues who are committed to improving human health through the targeted nanomedicines for chemotherapy.
We are looking for self-motivated chemists who are passionate about medicine and enjoys solving synthetic chemistry and purification challenges. The individual will work as part of a cross-functional drug discovery team and have the primary responsibility to carry out the multi-step synthesis and perform biological testing.
The duties and responsibilities will commensurate with the level of experience and capabilities and will include:
- Demonstrates technical competency in reaction set-up, product isolation, purification and analysis, from milligram to multigram scale
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision in the lab
- Adhere to all safety requirements
- Maintaining appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel,
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to discuss data
- Demonstrate curiosity and interest in furthering knowledge of drug discovery
- Monitor medicinal and organic chemistry literature
- Communicate results in written and oral form
- Practice good lab citizenship
Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry or Polymer Science with experience in analytical techniques such as NMR, GPC, LCMS, UV, FT-IR.